From Ed. Helper, I make the word search, flashcards, find the word that's spelled correctly, and a master list.
From Teaching Made Easier I make a three part puzzle match, rainbow words, write the word five times each.
Both sites have great activities and I change some of them depending upon the level of the students.
I put the words on cards that may be recorded for sound. I write the words on one-inch graph paper and laminate it. This adapatation helps the students who have organizational problems.
My hands-on acitvies include,
- put letter beads on pipe cleaners, good fine motor activity too
- use yellow letter tiles to spell words
- flash cards, laminated, math clothespins with letters, good fine motor
- small tiles with different letter fonts, I call it "Mixed Up-Letters"
- Type on Computer
- Write the vowels in red and the consonants in blue
- rubber stamps
- first letter cut from a magazine or a newspaper
- clay snakes, good fine motor
- word sort by first letter, guided reading activity
Winter Clothing List: mittens, scarf, socks, earmuffs, hood, P.J.s, boots,coat, gloves, cap, and sweater.
Frist Week or February: Valentine, February, pink, red, purple, kiss, from, heart, love, to, card, hugs, rose, and candy.