Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spring Is In The Air

I think it's wishful thinking in our area, but spring is coming. Twenty things I love about spring.

1- The dirty snow melts.
2- The rain cleans the earth.
3- Little buds peaking out of the ground.
4- The first signs of green on the trees. It's just that little hint of green.
5- The birds chirping in the morning.
6- The fresh smell of spring.
7- The excitement that's felt on the first few warm days. Everyone's outside.
8- Prepping the garden for annuals.
9- Sweet beautiful daffodils.
10- A crisp clean home.


11- The anticipation of our boat in the water.
12- Sunny mornings when I drive to work.
13- Spring Break, yes I'm a teacher.
14- Fleshly painted toes and sandals.
15- Long walks outside.


16- Seeing the pure delight of my pups playing outside.
17- Home improvements we planned all winter.
18- Fresh air and open windows.
19- My first siting of a cardinal.
20- The blessings of good health and a fresh new season.

I feel fortunate to live in an area that has all for seasons to the fullest. I love each one. What is your favorite season and why?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I do love spring! And we are fortunate to live in a part of the country that has four defineite seasons. I would have to saythat my favorite season here would have to be summer. We love to go down to the river and let the kids swim and hang out on our deck til late at night and still be comfortable in a tank top and shorts, and I love forth of July firworks, picnics, and driving around at night with the windows open. Can't wait! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog! Beth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind comment on ABC & for grabbing our button. I just had such fun looking through you older posts at the many great ideas you have & the neat things you do with your students!! We will look forward to some neat submissions from Cafe' Cl*ss!
    Side note...I love living in a state that gets all 4 seasons. I don't think I could pick aoppo favorite b/c I like something about each of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That comments was from Katie @ A Listmaker's Life...sorry I didn't "sign" it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That comments was from Katie @ A Listmaker's Life...sorry I didn't "sign" it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Trudy! Thanks for coming by my blog so I could discover yours! I love it and I love your fur babies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    Oh, I noticed you are a special ed teacher! I SOOOO respect what you do on a day to day basis! Although I was a general ed teacher, I worked as a classroom assistant in a severely disabled classroom for several years during the time I was working toward my teaching credential. I still say to this day that the special ed students were the most appreciative, honest, kind hearted kids on the planet! Thank you for all you do!!!

    As a teacher, I am glad you liked our "apple theme" blog! Faith, from "Walk With Me By Faith" (you can find her link on our sidebar) did my design just a few weeks ago. She was VERY reasonable and did a great job so I would highly recommend her for any blog design work!

    Have a good rest of your weekend!

    With love from Colorado,
    Denise :-)
    P.S. I love spring but my favorite season is fall with all the gorgeous colors and the promise of a new school year always lightens my mood! Thanks for sharing a great post!

    ReplyDelete